In this passage we see 15 things that describe the sovereign and awesome nature of Christ. This list of attributes is absolutely stunning. It is a list that concisely states the very things all of scripture is substantiating in the person of Christ. Here's the list:
1. In Christ we have redemption from sins.
2. He is the image of the invisible God.
3. He is the firstborn of all creation, the first and only Son in all creation.
4. By Him ALL things were created, visible and invisible, in heaven & earth.
5. All things were created through Him.
6. All things were created for Him.
7. He is before all things.
8. In Him all things hold together.
9. He is the head of the body, the church.
10. He is the beginning.
11. He is the firstborn from the dead, or the firstborn raised from death!
12. He is preeminent in everything.
13. In Him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell.
14. He reconciles ALL things to Himself.
15. He makes peace by the blood of His cross.
Wow, what a list! If ever you need to be reminded of the greatness of Christ, you need only to look here. This is a passage and list worth remembering. Commit it to memory. Then if ever you need to be reminded of the reason we have a love affair with Christ, you can reflect on these 15 reasons.
What passages have come alive to you recently? What truths can you share from scripture? How has it impacted your life and your faith?