YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TEAM!
You NEED a great team around you.
The reality is, if you try to lead a church on your own, YOU WILL FAIL!
HOW SHOULD I CONSTRUCT MY TEAM?
"What you are doing is not good. You and the people with you will certainly wear yourselves out, for the thing is too heavy for you. You are not able to do it alone. Now obey my voice; I will give you advice, and God be with you! You shall represent the people before God and bring their cases to God, and you shall warn them about the statutes and the laws, and make them know the way in which they must walk and what they must do. Moreover, look for able men from all the people, men who fear God, who are trustworthy and hate a bribe, and place such men over the people as chiefs of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties, and of tens. And let them judge the people at all times. Every great matter they shall bring to you, but any small matter they shall decide themselves. So it will be easier for you, and they will bear the burden with you. If you do this, God will direct you, you will be able to endure, and all this people also will go to their place in peace."
Here's what I see, and what I believe you need in a team to lead the transformation in your church:
1. Recruit a team who seeks God TOGETHER and has a deep love for Him!
2. The wisdom of older, experienced men to help guide you. (Such as Jethro was to Moses) While these men not be pastors, those who have lived longer understand a little more about life and long-term decision making.
3. Don't take on ALL of the work. Share the responsibility. Empower others to lead with you!
4. Build trust. Find people you respect and give them responsibility. When they lead with integrity, you will learn to trust them greatly. Trust builds a powerful team!!!
5. You don't need to know every detail! Seriously...Let others handle the things you don;t need to know and let them bring the bigger issues to your attention. Knowing all of the details will likely drive you insane!!!
6. Be clear about expectations and responsibilities. (As with moses dividing the people by certain numbers amongst his team)
If you will put these into practice you will build a powerful team that will help you lead your church through a transformation!