- Fear of other people's opinions: We worry about what other people think and what they have to say. It is a TRAP! It will literally disable us and stop us. See Proverbs 29:25
- The feeling or experience of Judgement by others. We all feel the intense weight of being judged, and are often the ones judging. We compare and contrast ourselves with others, creating a system of judgement. This is a deadly cycle we need to work on. See Matthew 7:3-5
- We all put on a false appearance. We want to look and sound better than we are. We don't want people to see our junk. So, like a tomb or grave, we look good on the outside and are filled with death and decay on the inside. Jesus hated the pursuit of false appearances. See Matthew 23:27
"Make this your common practice: Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you can live together whole and healed. The prayer of a person living right with God is something powerful to be reckoned with."
- Make it a habit to confess to each other. We need to be honest about our struggles and about our faults. We need to let others know about our sin. It puts us on a equal playing field and limits the judgment and critical opinion of others and ourselves. When we see our flaws and everyone else's, we find it almost impossible to judge or be judged! That's where we find accountability!
- Make it a habit to pray for each other. We need to serve each other by selflessly asking God to bring them to their greatest and best potential. We need to ask God to meet their needs and grow them. It helps us begin to see each other through God's eyes! It helps us truly love others.
Pastors: Our pursuit should be to instill this into our lives first and the lives of our people as well! Lead by example and see if God does not bring power to your life and your ministry!