So often the local church is more concerned with being sure it's needs and goals are met, that we forget the primary focus of our ministry...meeting the needs of the lost, broken, outcast and hurting. Instead we use these people to meet our goals...The goals of growth, numbers, meeting budget, having enough volunteers and becoming "successful". This is not the ministry of the local church!
- Offer opportunities FOR them to serve, not requirements FROM them to work
- Offer the chance FOR them to give their tithes, not the requirement FROM them to pay dues
- Offer opportunities FOR them to worship, not the need FROM them to attend events
- Offer the chance FOR them to be generous with their lives, not the requirement FROM them to give money and time
- Provide the place FOR them to confess sin without condemnation, not the need to extract the past mistakes FROM them