"I Follow Jesus"
Truthfully, you and I likely throw this term around at times without giving it real thought! The idea of following Jesus has been reduced to our own definition
- I got to church on Sunday
- I gave a few bucks to the church
- I go to small group or Sunday School
- I help in the nursery
- I read my Bible sometimes
- Often, or sometimes I pray
- I don't want to go to Hell
- to GO, proceed, or come after
- to ENGAGE in as a calling or way of life
- to BE or act in accordance with
- to PURSUE
- to SEEK
So the next time you say, "I Follow Jesus", stop and think hard and long about those words. Be sure you are saying based on your definition, but God's. Be sure you are not taking the role of Satan, and like Peter, making the idea of following Jesus all about you! Following Jesus will require much, it will require your life! Stop saying you follow Jesus if you're not willing to live it out. Afterall, if that's not your heart, those are empty and useless words!