- The city is one of the fastest growing cities in the US
- The city is part of a 5 county region with roughly 1.8 million people
- The average age of the Austin population is 31
- The motto is "Keep Austin Weird" which fits me well!
- The city of Austin is comprised of a fairly affluent population
- The city is known as the live music capital of the world
- The city is also known as the silicon valley of the midwest
- The city is a center for technology (It houses Facebook, Ebay, PayPal, HP, part of Apple and more)
- It is a center for cultural change
- It is projected to be one of the 10 largest cities in the US by 2025
- There is roughly 1 church for every 6800 people
- Church and Christianity is in no way considered normal
- The city is statistically 92% "unchurched" (which means no direct connection with a church)
What has followed has been nothing but a God-sized miracle. He has worked out the details, the process and more. He has paved the way for us to go to Austin. So, on October 15th we will be moving our family to Austin and pursuing the vision God has given to us. We will be joined by my best friend Ross Anglen and his family, along with several other folks who have caught the passion and vision!
Our vision is, meeting people where they are and leading them to life in Christ. We want to live out Matthew 9:9-13 where Jesus did that exact thing. We want to raise up leaders who live out the mission of the Gospel. We want to raise the church up out of the culture in Austin.
TONSWe are not going to be successful, or to make a difference....we are going to make Jesus famous.
You can learn more about Uncommon Church and being part of our launch by clicking here to visit the Uncommon Church website.
For the people who have been part of Grace Church, THANK YOU for being part of this journey. You have been part of seeing God do HUGE things and seeing lives changed!